A live training on the Six Hats process, including assessments and facilitation (customized to your needs) – perfect for organizations of all sizes looking to successfully innovate, problem solve, enhance team productivity and personal performance evaluations, create alignment, improve products/processes, develop project management and organizational change skills.
Available as a half day, full day, or 2 day training.
This process is inspired by the work of Edward DeBono who, in the 1970’s, began exploring a more structured brainstorming process which eventually became known as Six Thinking Hats. The training is designed to nurture Elite Performance Thinking and Action and fast track results.
In any organization, you will have people who have different styles of thinking: the planners, the creatives, the risk mitigators, the analytical minded, the emotional, passion-driven people, and the motivators. Each have their advantages and disadvantages. Together they can form a powerhouse. However, when we don’t utilize team members that think in often contrarian ways to us, we can’t leverage their skills and sometimes miss important details that could change the direction in which our business moves.
This process teaches participants to explore strategies for connecting with different hats effectively, and to explore the value in seeing their business challenges from new perspectives.
Key Learnings and Benefits:
– Step out of default style of thinking in order to problem-solve more effectively
– Connect with people that have different perspectives
– Build a championship team that gets elite results
– Run effective team meetings and ensure all angles and perspectives have been addressed
– Resolve issues and make decisions
– Useful as a tool during performance, proposal and design evaluation processes
Data: MDS Sciex ROI Report reveals…
FOR EVERY DOLLAR INVESTED IN 6 THINKING HATS TRAINING,
MDS SCIEX REPORTS ROI $26.48 OR 2648%.
The report demonstrates the following three critical ideas:
- Innovation tools can positively impact the product development process. Without the Six Thinking Hats technique, their forthcoming project would not have succeeded in meeting its aggressive delivery schedule.
- The use of innovation tools results in new behaviors, which can be measured; hence their effectiveness can be assessed. The Six Thinking Hats technique has succeeded in creating new behaviors related to the design review process and in helping to create a more supportive environment for innovation.
- Program evaluation models provide an effective framework for assessing the impact of innovation skills training. The assessment models have provided a quantitative approach to analyzing the qualitative and quantitative impact of an innovation technique.
Conclusion: The investment in Six Thinking Hats training was a sound investment and the impacts of these tools can be easily assessed and quantified by the users of the new process themselves.
Examples of major organizations using Six Thinking Hats are:
NASA, IBM, ABB, Siemens, Microsoft, British Airways, BP, Statoil, NTT, Federal Express, Polaroid, Pepsico, DuPont, Prudential Insurance.
Are you ready to learn the strategies the world’s most successful companies are using to develop their people, build championship teams and grow their business?
A partial list of organizations using Six Thinking Hats